Monday, June 18, 2007

Where'd my week go?

Geeesh, it's Monday again. I wish that wouldn't happen. Oh well. Here's a recap of my week. It was hot, hot, hot here in my world. Positives: #1: Even though it was in the high eighties the majority of the week, I DID NOT use my Air conditioning. Instead, I used my cieling fan in the bedroom at night, windows and blinds were closed during the day, and the dehumidifier was plugged in when all the windows were closed and ran the furnace fan when the air needed circulation in the house. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It helped that the humidity was way low. I'm not sure I could tolerate the humidity as well. #2: I didn't drive at all or spend any money on Sunday. #3: The majority of the food for the week was purchased at the local farmers market. I only had to buy rice and a can of tuna from whole foods. #4: So far all the veggies in my garden are still alive, although the green beans, water melon, and midget melon are struggling. #5: I am getting better about saving my water from kitchen sink, while I run it for hot water. I started saving water from my shower this morning. #6: I did not use the dryer once this week, everything has been line dried. I also am trying to be better about hanging clothes up and washing only things that need to be washed to cut down on the number of loads of laundry I do. #6: I ordered and received my DIVA Cup. #7: Create healthy add-ons for the heathens meals, so they are not so dependent on dry dog food.

Needs some work: #1: I broke my self imposed ban on TV. It just seemed to hot to do anything but sit in the cool basement and veg. I still unplug the TV/VCR every night. #2: Putting laundry away as soon as it's done, If I did this, I wouldn't feel like I needed to rewash things because they fall on the floor or one of the heathens decides to make that his bed. #3: I didn't mow the lawn. Really this needs to be done. #4: I need to make some reuseable bags to put produce in at the farmers market. My main bag is cloth, but I definately need some for things like strawberries and mushrooms and salad.

This weeks goals:
#1: Hanky instead of Kleenex
#2: Make and use produce bags
#3: Make my own TP
#4: Collect shower water
#5: Stay in budget!

No comments: